As a teacher, there are a few settings you're able to update within your account. Please be aware someone at your program with higher access than you, such as an Administrator, can lock some of these settings. If you're not able to click on any of the sections to edit, this means someone has already set and locked your settings!
When you first go to Settings, you'll see three sections:
A. Classroom Name - If you need to change the name of your classroom at any point, simply click on the edit (pencil) icon and update the name!
B. Period Settings - As a teacher, you'll see one of three options when you click into Assessment Periods:
- "There are no periods configured" message. This indicates you do not have privileges to create your own period date ranges, but your administrator has not set them up for you yet.
- Period Date Ranges with three dots to the right of the End Date. When you click on the three dots, you'll see the option to "Edit Periods." Clicking on this will allow you to update the period date ranges for your classroom only.
- Period Date Ranges without three dots to the right of the End Date. This means the dates have been set for you by an Administrator, and you are not able to edit them further.
C. Messaging - If you plan to take advantage of the integrated family engagement features within COR Advantage, this is an important section to review!
- Digest Settings - The digest is a wonderful way to communicate with families on a consistent schedule. The digest is designed to send families a collection of all observations you've connected to their child's profile since the previous digest was sent. Many teachers choose to schedule a digest to go out once a week, generally on Fridays. Others prefer to have a daily digest go out at the same time each day. The decision is yours to make! When observations are sent to families, they'll only see the anecdotal notes you've written out. If you'd like them to see the corresponding COR item, check the box to "Show Tags on family emails." Don't worry, they'll only see the item and not the scored indicator!
- Family Reply Settings - When you send a message of any type from the COR Advantage system, the family members you send it to have an option to reply to the email they receive. The responses can be routed to whoever you'd like! By default, the responses will go to all teachers in your classroom, but if you'd like to direct them elsewhere, uncheck the box for "All Classroom Teachers" and enter the updated email address!