There are several ways you can share observations from the COR Advantage system. This article covers out how to send observations manually from the Moments page, when publishing them for the first time in Drafts, or automating your sending schedule through the Digest!
- The Digest
- Sharing Observations from Drafts
- Sending Observations Manually
The Digest allows you to schedule your observations to be sent out automatically. For example, if you schedule your Digest to go out at 5:00 PM on a Friday, your families will receive one email with all of the published observations from the previous week at that time. If you took a picture of a student at 1:00 pm on Tuesday and selected "Send to Digest," the picture would immediately be stored in the student's portfolio for you to reference, but wouldn't get sent to his/her family until Friday at 5:00 pm.
You can customize or turn off this option in the Settings section of your COR Advantage account. To do so, go to Menu > Settings > Messaging > Enable Family Digest. When the Digest is enabled, a gear icon will appear. Click on the gear icon to select which day(s) you'd like the Digest to send, schedule time and hit "Save."
You can always edit information before the Digest is sent! The Digest pulls information seconds before it is scheduled to send. Let’s say your digest is scheduled to send at 5pm. You might publish a Moment at 2:30 only to realize you need to tag another student or add an anecdote. As long as you make the edits to this Moment prior to 5:00 pm, the newly updated information will be sent in the Digest!
Sharing Observations from Drafts
When you have completed your work on an observation in your Drafts page, and it is ready to be sent, you will then notice three options in the top of the screen.
- Send Now - When you choose "Send Now," the observations(s) are sent to families of the tagged students and are filed in student profiles immediately. Families will receive an email and/or text with the selected observation(s) at this time, and you will be able to view the observation(s) in the Moments section.
- Send in Digest -The digest is an automated send that is sent to parents on the day(s) and time of your choosing. If you select "Send in Digest," the Observations are immediately attached to the student's profile and can be viewed in your Moments page, but won't get sent to his/her family until the time listed.
- Save to Moments - If you have the digest turned off, you'll see a "Save to Moments" as your second option at the bottom right corner. Clicking on this will add it to the appropriate students' profiles and your Moments page without sending it to families. If the Digest is on, but you'd like to save the Moment without sharing, you can publish it privately.
Sending Observations Manually
If you would prefer to send an individual observation or a group of observations, you can do this by navigating to Moments on your menu, then manually selecting them in your Moments page. Select an individual observation by clicking the circle in the top left corner. If you need to select a large number of observations in one area, you can click an observation in the top left corner, then hold down your shift button and drag to select up to 30 observations. After you make your selection, a black bar will appear across the top of the screen summarizing what you have selected.
On the right side of that black bar, you will notice three options. Click on the first option, which is a paper airplane icon. This will allow you to share your observations either by clicking the green plus button, which will bring up your directory of families and teachers, or by manually entering a specific email address.